Thursday 19 May 2011

Edge of nowhere / John E. Smelcer


This is a survival story based on true events. It's not as good as the Hatchet books but I still really enjoyed it. It's set in Alaska, in summer, and that 's just as well since a boy and his dog have to survive for 4 months by themselves. Main problem for me? They only get to eat raw food all that time because they can't make fire. But if you have an iPod that doesn't work, couldn't you use that? See what you think.

Who would enjoy this? If you liked the Hatchet books by Gary Paulsen, you should like this one too.  

Reviewed by Hamish

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book, especially because I was interested in what part the dog played in the story - a crucial part as it turned out. I think it would have been easy for Seth to give up if he hadn't had Tucker to think of. It's a shame that there was no map of where the 'island-hopping' takes place.

    ReplyDelete