Monday 23 April 2012

Pure / Julianna Baggott



Watch the book trailer!

This is the first in a promised trilogy. I wasn't sure if I liked this book at first - it is set in a dystopian future and has a very original concept at its base, but it was a little bit hard to get into. Before the book started there was a significant nuclear event, with a twist - the powerful people in society detonated a bomb (bombs?) so they could protect their chosen ones and start afresh to make society 'better'. Those who suffered from the detonations carry the marks of them on their bodies, in horrific ways at times. This book gets under your skin - I kept wondering if I would stop reading it, but I never could, and it certainly made me think.

Who would enjoy this? If you like dystopian novels that make you think, then this is a good one.

Reviewed by Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment