Tuesday 22 October 2013

A tale of two cities / Charles Dickens


"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." This quote is from Sydney Carton in the last chapter of the book. In the beginning he is an alcoholic and cynic, but he ultimately becomes a selfless hero. From this you can see that Carton has great hopes for France's tomorrow. The book is about the survival of the Manette family during the French revolution. It has everything: dark deeds, revolution, madness, love, thwarted love, forgiveness, revenge, and a stunning act of self-sacrifice. It let me learn history in a different way. It's one of my favourite Dickens' novel.

Who would enjoy this? Fans of classics and historical novels.

Reviewed by Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment