Wednesday 3 August 2011

August / Bernard Beckett


I have enjoyed lots of Bernard Beckett's books but I'm still not sure about this one. It's really interesting and thought-provoking but I think that I like my books slightly less demanding. You have to think about so much, and even working out what is going on is tricky at times. The book is set in a dystopic future. The main characters live very different lives, but they are equally horrible. Even the ending makes you think, as it doesn't actually spell out what does happen.  I keep wondering about this so I guess you could say the author has been successful!

Who would enjoy this?  I would recommend this book if you like a challenge and I would love to see some comments about what other people think about it!

Senior fiction

Reviewed by Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment